FWC Meeting – Panama City
Marine Fisheries items to be discussed November 18-19, 2015
The FWC Commission will discuss several marine fisheries management items Nov. 18-19 at the meeting in Panama City including discussions on:
- Federal fishery management updates – Includes discussion on recent federal closures for greater amberjack and red grouper in Gulf waters. Staff will seek direction as to whether to close these recreational fisheries in Gulf state waters through Dec. 31.
- Innovations in Marine Fisheries Management – An update on a survey and workshops held over the summer to gather public input on marine fisheries management.
- Red snapper regional management – Staff will seek direction on potential Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council action to manage certain aspects of the recreational red snapper fishery on a regional (potentially state-by-state) basis.
- Mutton snapper – Staff will present a summary of stakeholder concerns about mutton snapper regulations and present potential management changes for the recreational and commercial mutton snapper fisheries for Commission discussion.
- Annual workplan – Staff presents plans for upcoming fiscal year.
- Regulatory changes on Dwarf seahorse: Creating additional conservation measures.
For more information: FWC Agenda.